Hello everyone !
I have noticed that it is very hard to find hanafuda players over the internet, mostly because they have no real way to interact with each other… Therefore, I created an IRC channel, The Hanafuda lounge, to give them a way to meet so as to play games.
It’s still pretty young, but with some luck (and help from hanafuda players) it will bloom into something magnificent.
- IRC Server : irc.foonetic.net
- Port : 6667
- Room name : #hanafuda
Oh, and if you’re wondering what Hanafuda is, lookit here.
Hope you’ll enjoy this!
Ahoy dear friends,
Just to tell you a new project has just been released ! That’s a MME plugin corrector, for the MMD community, to correct errors like “incorrect number of arguments to numeric-type constructor”.
I know I’m not the only one ! That’s why I did that, so that other people won’t be stopped by such annoying errors !
I hope you’ll enjoy it ! 🙂
Hiya everyone !
I just wanted to post a quick note about the new page I added here… It’s about a nice program I designed that allows every touhou fan to read more conveniently all these wonderful fanworks !
It’s on there.
I hope you’ll like it !
Before I start talking about Touhou, I’d like to tell you that my website http://fyrtorn.netii.net finally looks like something ! So please keep an eye on it, because it’ll grow bigger and bigger !
Touhou isn’t only about these shoot-em-up games. This world gets bigger and bigger as the community revolving around it slowly grows… So this time, I’ll tell you about Touhou M-1 Grand Prix.
Touhou M-1 Grand Prix is a series of Touhou animations featuring an imaginary Manzai contest in Gensokyo. What is a Manzai ? Wikipedia says this :
Manzai (漫才?) is a traditional style of stand-up comedy in Japanese culture, which usually involves two performers (manzaishi) —a straight man(tsukkomi) and a funny man (boke)—trading jokes at great speed. Most of the jokes revolve around mutual misunderstandings, double-talk, puns and other verbal gags.
So… You have guessed it, it’s a series of funny Touhou-related videos, where a pair of girls try to make the audience laughs. They even invented grades and a notation system for it !
As far as I know, 5 different contests have occurred so far, as the video got released during each year’s Reisaitai (a giant japanese anime convention). Translations are very incomplete though, so a lot of stand-ups are not available in english…
Here are my favourite ones :
- Yuyuko & Youmu. Yuyuko is just such a unique character, making this pair pretty good at Manzai !
- Myourensen. Byakuren loves mice !
- Spin Kappa. Hina is trying to scold someone !
- Shutter girls. Try your knowledge of Gensokyo… or not.
- Satori & Koishi. The video is awesome at its end !
- Koishi & Okuu. Koishi’s randomness makes her pretty good as a manzai character as well !
- And of course Touhou’s heros, Reimu and Marisa.
Heya Touhou fans,
Touhou’s universe has grown larger and larger, as ZUN-sensei kept working on each game… So it’s no surprise that new touhou written works appeared. The following links are what I have found so far.
As for now, here’s what I’ve found :
- Touhou Bougetsushou : Silent Sinner in Blue (東方儚月): An official webcomic written by ZUN and illustrated by Aki Eda. The story is thrilling, and of course the characters are very well depicted in this adventure. Reimu and some other Gensokyo inhabitants got involved in a big adventure centered on some events concerning the Moon. What is Yukari planning ? And how will this affair evolve ?
- Life of Maid : A nice webcomic mainly centered on Sakuya’s little life at the Scarlet Mansion, and her everyday relations with occasional guests and events.
- Touhou : Tag Dream : After reading some manga, Yukari gave everyone the idea of battling in… a catch tournament. Weird, but many characters are featured ! And everyone is correctly depicted.
Heya everyone !
I would just like to drop a little note here about my Fyrtorn project. I have created a new website for it ! Although it’s pretty empty for now, you can see how it’s like on this address : http://fyrtorn.netii.net.
Expect more soon !
Hello fellow readers,
I’m still surprised my blog has as many visitors. I wonder why, since I haven’t made a post for 3 months… But do not worry, for I am not dead (I wouldn’t be writing this article now otherwise, right?). I just had quite a lot to deal with work which was becoming pretty intense, as well as some odd… events happening in real life (although not exactly, but here is not the place to talk about this).
As for now, I would like to make you discover a new game I found earlier rotting on my hard disk drive : Blue Lacuna.
This is the story of a Wayfarer, a person able to travel through dimensions. However, Wayfarers cannot control neither when, nor where they travel. In this game, you have to answer a Call, which is basically an inner feeling that another Wayfarer in a different dimension needs help. Yet, as you arrive in this new world, mysterious events start to unfold…
You can discover this story here. Hope you’ll enjoy it !